766 ch. de la Glacière
Tel : 04 50 54 07 52
Mid December until Mid May
End of June until Mid September
Open for lunch and dinner
Closed on Wednesdays in the winter
In 1926, Georges Ravanel, who at the time was selling Ice from the Argentiere Glacier to the local/ hotels and restaurants in the valley, chose to build a small wooden cabin, which quickly became a favorite stop for numerous thirsty hikers.
The Cremerie in the late 30
In 1951, Solange, Georges' daughter took over the running if the Cremerie, Accompanied by her family in the summers Solange continued the tradition of serving the clients of her Husband and guide Michel, with drinks mainly dairy based (hence the name Cremerie) and as time progressed the menu evolved to Include Tarts and Croutes and Fondues.
The Cremerie in the late 90
In 1988, Claudy, the youngest son of Solange and Michel, became the chef and with the help of his wife Veronique, they developed the restaurant and introduced new dishes (there are more than a dozen Croutes on the menu today) and with the help of his mother Solange he continued to make the wonderful local Farcon, with as many locals visiting the cremerie as tourists the cremerie opened for the first time in winter in 1996..
The Cremerie today